CADILLAC mod. 62

Presented by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Torino

(United States 1947)

Cadillac was constituted at Detroit by William H. Murphy and Henry Leland in 1902. Named after the French army officer who founded the city of Detroit in 1701, it very quickly became a synonym for America’s most prestigious de luxe models. Its motto, indeed, was: “Our creed is perfection; our rule is precision”.

The company’s burgeoning reputation and sound financial position soon attracted the attention of William Crapo Durant and Cadillac became part of the General Motors group in 1909. The 62 (a descendent of the 60 series) carried Cadillac to the height of its worldwide fame. It was produced as a coupé, convertible and sedan down to 1964.

IN RESTORATION

 

Engine: V8
Capacity: 5765 cc
Max power output: 156 bhp at 3400 rpm
Max speed: 155 km/h
Weight: 2000 kg