When it first came on the market in 1933, this sports version of the Balilla (the nickname of the 508) mounted a more powerful (30 bph) variant of its side-valve engine and a 3-speed gearbox. This arrangement was eventually exchanged for a 4-speed transmission with overhead valve timing that added another 6 bhp. The original two-seater bodywork by Ghia had elongated mudguards. The Coppa d’Oro version (so named after the 508 won this cup in the 1934 Round Italy Race) was fitted with single, motorcycle-type mudguards.
|Max power output:||36 CV a 4400 giri/min|