HISPANO - SUIZA mod. K 6

(Spain 1935)

Hispano-Suiza was founded in Barcelona in 1904 by the outstanding Swiss designer Marc Birkigt, who imported the Spanish version of the name of his country into its style. Together with Isotta Fraschini and Rolls-Royce, it was a leading name in the motoring world of the 1920s and 1930s on account of its impressive de luxe cars, all powered by beautifully engineered twelve or (like this example from the company’s French branch at Bois Colombes) six-cylinder engines. Their way-ahead features included sodium-cooled exhaust valves, single-piece forged crankshafts and power-assisted clutch, brakes and steering.

Engine: 6 cilindri
Capacity: 5184 cc
Max power output: 120 CV a 3000 giri/min.
Max speed: 120 km/h
Weight: 1250 kg (autotelaio)

Info School of Restoration / Garage