PANHARD & LEVASSOR mod. X 17 SS

(France 1912)

The valveless engine adopted by Panhard & Levassor for its X 17 SS was built under licence from the Knight Company in the United States.

Its timing, in fact, is provided by sliding sleeves instead of the usual valves. Another feature of the X 17 SS is an interior heating system fed by hot water from the engine cooling circuit.
The coachwork is of the “coupé de ville” type.

Engine: 4 cilindri “avalve”
Capacity: 2614 cc

Max power output:

15 CV a 1200 giri/min
Weight: 1250 kg

Info School of Restoration / Garage