POPE mod. C/60 V

(United States 1907)

Col. Albert Augustus Pope was an eccentric pioneer who began to make bicycles in 1878 and then turned to electric cars at the end of the century. These were made by a host of short-lived companies: Pope-Waverley, Pope-Motor, Pope-Pacific, Pope-Toledo, Pope-Hartford, Pope-Tribune, Pope-Robinson.

An eight-cylinder Pope-Toledo arrived third in the 1904 Vanderbilt Cup. This example has a rear electric engine powered by batteries under the seat. The “duc” two-seat body is joined by a rumble seat at the back.

Engine: elettrico posteriore
Capacity: a batteria
Max speed: 30 km/h

Info School of Restoration / Garage